Court of Protection Legal Assistant / Paralegal
This well-established Legal 500 and highly accredited practice are looking to recruit a Legal Assistant to join their highly regarded Court of Protection team to provide support and assist fee-earners in a busy role covering a range of Court of Protection matters.
- To assist in the provision of administrative and legal services for clients.
- Attend clients at hospitals, care homes and in their home, both brain injured and elderly clients and their families
- Provide friendly day to day contact with clients and an efficient service for their individual lifestyle requirements
- Produce plain English letters, witness statements, court applications and other documents as required
- Make regular payments to clients and keep accurate schedules of these payments. Also forecast forward spending and creating of budgets
- Manage professionally and confidentially, written and telephone correspondence with clients, other solicitors and third parties
- Delegate and supervise tasks where appropriate
- To assist where requested the provision of legal advice to clients, under supervision. Take notes in client meetings
- Continue to develop your legal ability
- Strong organisational and time management skills are required as the role will involve the efficient and cost effective management of multiple files, often working to strict deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential to demonstrate understanding of our clients` needs and expectations;
- Good communications skills are also crucial as the successful candidate will have regular client contact and will often be required to explain complex areas of law in a simple and coherent way.
- Focussed attention to detail, speed and accuracy are important for all written documentation;
- The candidate should be a team player and contribute to the continued success of the team
- Court of Protection knowledge
- Experience of running a caseload
This role offers a great opportunity for a paralegal to join a successful multi office practice and competitive salary.